Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Beanie with ear flaps

I was house sitting last week and not much else to do so I crocheted this beanie for my friend for her birthday...which is in June. But that's good in a way because it's the middle of summer right now and a present of a beanie may be seen as a little weird...or inappropriate, or both. Anyway, once it gets to winter, because she's working in a country vet practice, she will no doubt be assisting calvings at hours of the morning which really shouldn't exist, and as such something to keep her ears warm will surely come in handy.


Beanie Posted by Picasa


I used the pattern from here but
reduced the number of rows increasing (I'm not sure how many I ended up with because I had to undo a few after I made it too big) because I was using thicker yarn and just used 2 yarns. I also only used double crochet for the green and single for the brown.

No comments: