Here's some general information about me to help anyone stalking me for a swap.
Last updated 15 May 2008.
I kept putting information in here until I got bored talking about myself, because I thought the more information the better.
I’m a 25 year old girl currently living in Melbourne, Australia, working as a vet. I love crafting (obviously), books, animals, and pretty things.
What I can do (in descending skill level!)
Crochet, embroidery, basic jewelry, papercraft and I will try other things. I’ve knitted two items (I'm sure there will be more, but I'm not really confident enough to knit anything for a swap at this stage. ). I can hand sew (but don't very often), and now that I've got a sewing machine, I should be able to do some basic sewing...but I'm sure I'll enjoy any swap sewing challenges. I've just bought a small loom and I do have a spinning wheel, but I'm not much of a spinner (partly because I haven't had time to play with it much)
Styles I like
I like animals (particularly turtles, butterflies, whales, sheep, dogs, dragons), pirates, skulls (in moderation), vintage style things, Asian themed stuff, fantasy stuff, scientific stuff, cute stuff (in moderation too). I’m fairly casual and go for more toned down things really, but I like cute little pretty items (I’m not making this much easier am I?). Occasionally I also like the slightly disturbing and creepy, so that's always fun too! I also like swirls and spirals. They're pretty.
Styles I don’t like
Anything too bright or big, chunky jewelry, long earrings (they make my head look too long!), anything too alternative. Skirts that go past my knees (they make me look like I’m playing dress ups!), anything too short or revealing. Anything too fussy and frilly.
Colours I like
Purple, Red, Blue, Green
Colours I don’t like
Fluorescent colours, lots of pink or orange (although a little can be very nice!).
Food/Drinks I like
Chocolate, icecream (although not chocolate icecream!), generally sweet things, coke, lemonade.
Food/Drinks I don’t like
Coffee, Fanta, Peas, Pasta, other stuff. In odd things I'm not all that partial to lunch as a meal. Weird I know.
Books/TV shows and Music I like
Books: Discworld (Terry Pratchett), Harry Potter, Raymond E Fiest, Jacqueline Carey (loved the Kushiel's Dart series), Ben Elton. I like fantasy and sci-fi, but at the moment I'm trying to branch out a bit (and I'm enjoying it). For more information on books I like, go here
TV Shows: Angel, Dark Angel, House, Black Adder, Thank God You're Here (Australian show), The Simpsons, Futurama, Firefly
Music: Robbie Williams, Missy Higgins, Jack Johnson, Michael Buble, The Waifs...
Things I’d love
1. A crochet projects tote: In an ideal world I would like a slash pocket on the front (for patterns etc) and a zip pocket on the back (for other things like my wallet). Inside I’d like a section for currently unused yarn and pockets for a crochet hook roll, the current hook I’m using, scissors and a little loop or clip that I can attach a coin purse to which would contain stitch markers and needles and stuff.
2. Above coin purse
3. Some nice scrubs: I’ve got one pair of plain green ones at the moment and they’re a bit boring, plus they’ve got a couple of holes in them where I’ve caught them on things (I don’t really look where I’m walking)
4. Some hand knitted socks
5. Resin goodies
6. A microscope slide pendant
7. Original art
8. A swap journal
9. Fingerless gloves
1. Shrinky dinks
2. Beads and buttons
3. Lovely yarn (especially some hand spun or dyed)
4. Bits and bobs
5. Badge/button thingies
8. Pretty fabrics
1. Polymer clay
1. I’m kind of collecting the magazine series ‘Stitch by Stitch’ which was published (in Australia, UK, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Malta and Hong Kong) in the 1970-80s. I'm missing part 1, and anything from part 66 on really.
2. Old craft books, the dodgier the projects the better!
3. I collect pins (the badge kind) because they’re pretty!
4. This is more an Aussie thing, but any Canteen bandanna's would be cool. I've got a few and I'd like to do something with them, but I think I need a bit more of a range (I've only got three colours at the moment) to do much. At the moment I'm thinking they'd make a cool quilt (which involves me learning to quilt, but nevermind)
5. Recipe cards (10cm x 13cm, 4' x 5')