Friday, June 13, 2008

Flapless Flappy Beanie

My sister's boyfriend asked me to make him a beanie for his birthday which was cool, and I've now been asked to make one for his brother as well...but that one will wait for the moment because I've got a few WIPs on the go.

The outside

The inside (slightly reversible!)

Ooooh, texture.

I used the pattern Flappy from Crochet Me but ended up using the Boy Beanie pattern for the top from The Happy Hooker because I was using much thicker wool which wasn't behaving with the start of the pattern. I also excluded the ear flaps.

1 comment:

Duncan said...

hey there :) my name's duncan, and i stumbled across your profile randomly but was instantly amazed by your work [and i love this beanie - it's the kind of beanie i'm forever looking for and can never find!]. what i'd like to know is a) if you sell your work anywhere in melbourne, or online, or if you take commissions [this info may be in your blog but i'm actually at work and i only had time to look at the pictures *laugh*] and b) i noticed that making a lightbox is on your project list, but i have something at present which i'm not using, which is not a lightbox exactly but is quite similar and may be of use to you...

regards,
duncan