Monday, November 10, 2008

New Zealand Photos


Here are some photos from my fabulous trip to the North Island of New Zealand. We were only there for six days and it would be great to go back there eventually and see more, particularly the South Island, because what I saw of New Zealand was really lovely. I did take a lot more photos than these, but I couldn't swamp the blog with all of them!

We went to Rotorua, which has lots of thermal activity. We went to one of the thermal parks and saw a geyser which was really cool, as well as lots of hot pools, craters and other stuff. We also went to the Agrodome where we saw a sheep show, and I may have come away with some wool (but I'll show you those photos in another post).

We also went to Napier, where most of the town was destroyed in an earthquake in 1931 and now a lot of it is rebuilt in Art Deco style. There has been a lot of restoration and we went on a guided walking tour as well, and we really got a lot out of that.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Gorgeousness! Rotorua is so inspiring (if aromatic...) Did you try zorbing?

librarylass said...

Looks like you had a brilliant time!