Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Embroidered portrait

This is what I've been working on lately. It's for my sisters 21st birthday, and while it isn't until April, because I'm moving interstate I thought I'd better get it done early, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it.


Embroidery Posted by Picasa


I used Picasa to make the photo black and white and then I adjusted the fill light, highlights and shadows until I was happy, put the picture into paint and erased any unwanted areas. I then printed it onto normal paper with a laser printer and ironed it onto the fabric. I was delighted when it actually worked!

The hair is done in split stitch and the rest either in satin stitch or back stitch depending on the thickness.

I'd love some feedback on this because it is an important gift. At the moment I'm tossing up between making a book for her friends to sign with this on the cover, or just framing it. Any ideas would also be fantastic.

No comments: