Friday, May 05, 2006

Self Portrait Friday

I thought I'd start off with little self-portraits, give you a few pieces of the puzzle before the whole thing. So how about 'the window to the soul', the eyes?

I reckon I've got pretty cool eyes. They're green, but the colour changes to match other greens. The other day I had a random guy at a petrol station comment on my eyes, which I was pretty chuffed about.

As well as the colour my eyes work well too. I don't have glasses and I can focus pretty close up and read little writing at a reasonably distance. Going through uni, where at a guess I'd say 70% people in my year had glasses or contacts, I think I'm doing pretty well. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain good eyesite for quite a while. My dad is really lucky. He has the old age degeneration except his eyes are going in opposite directions with one eye getting long sighted, and the other short sighted, so his brain is compensating and he shouldn't need glasses.


Self portrait Friday Posted by Picasa


Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to get a nice focused picture of your eyes, but hopefully you can see the colour.

No comments: