Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dodgy hairpin lace project number 1

This is my first hairpin lace project...and it didn't work.

I was going for a hairpin lace panta/headband thing but I chose the wrong yarn. I wanted something green (because I like green) but the only yarn I had turned out to be too chunky and I ended up with something far too thick for a headband. All is not completely lost though, because I'm sure I can use the basic pattern for something else in the future, because I like the look of it, just not when it's on my head.


Hairpin lace 1 Posted by Picasa


To make this I did sc hairpin lace going under the loop, rather than through it, then *sc three loops together, ch 2* repeat until end.

On a completely unrelated topic, I'm going to a conference tomorrow (in Queensland, so bring on the warm weather!), so no posts from me until at least Monday, possibly longer because Monday is salsa night.

No comments: