Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sewn Dammit Doll

One of the guys at work is a bit grumpy, sort of like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. Anyway, I thought I'd make him a Dammit Doll as a thank you present for when I finish up.



It's one of the first things I made on my sewing machine, and I dragged it all the way to Adelaide (the doll, not the sewing machine) to be stuffed and sewn up. And honestly, the tongue was almost in the right spot before I stuffed it!

And here is the Dammit Doll Poem:
Whenever things don't go so well...
And you want to hit the wall and yell...
Here's a little dammit doll
That you can't do without.
Just grasp it firmly by the legs
And find a place to slam it
And as you whack the stuffing out
Yell, "DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!
"

3 comments:

librarylass said...

I love your dammit doll! The felt and the face is wonderful! Its also amazing how many variations of that poem are circulating around.

Shell said...

It's so cute! Good job!

Lindsay said...

Thanks very much! Hopefully it goes over well.