Near the end of my second felting class I was running out of time so I made a small, random piece of felt using some of the roving that was left. Then I decided to chop it up and use it for something I've needed for a while...a needle book. I've been putting all my embroidery needles in one packet, and most of them are too small for the slots, so I decided to stop losing them, and make something to hold it.
I wanted to use the natural shape of the felt for the cover and it worked quite well, the whole thing has a bit of a rustic look to it but I think it works well, and it's lovely and cushy and soft. It's also doing it's job properly, but I should have made something to hold my needles a while ago.