Saturday, September 22, 2007

Scatterday

My creation

Happy Scatterday! I hope you've all had a good week.

This week's letter is B and the categories are:

My favourite things: So Easy! I love books and here's a quick snapshot of my bookcase. I love taking a peek at other people's bookcases to see what they've got so I'm sure you'll enjoy looking at mine. I'm a bit of a fantasy nut and my books are vaguely arranged in order of preference from top shelf down (although rules may be broken depending on series length and available space). I've been rereading a couple of books lately which is why there are some gaps. I've also just started double stacking my books which is A Bad Thing. It leads to the accumulation of more books.

Big Things: A Bear. This is Freddy Teddy who belongs to my sister and is almost adult sized. One of her friends mum's made it for a birthday years ago. He lives upstairs away from the dogs because Barney would like to suck on his fur and make him dribbly. Disgusting isn't it?

Shop: I don't like using plastic bags and this is my favourite bag to use when I shop. It's also a bookcrossing bag, so there's another B. It's great because it folds up very small and fits into my handbag. Although I do have a yearning for one of those knitted mesh market bags...

4 comments:

MG Quilts said...

Your bookshelves bear a strong resemblence to mine. We obviously have similar taste in books.

Christina said...

Just love the bear of course I would I am a bear collector. I have one of those bags that xips up to a small purse size and fits in my handbag very handy

Christina

Sharon said...

when did you sneak into my house and photography my bookshelf?
Harry Potter, Jasper Fforde, are those Robin Hobb's in the top left corner? You can keep the Traci Hardings at the bottom though (if that is what they are) I read that trilogy and loathed every minute of it. And yet still read it. go figure.

Lindsay said...

Glad to see people with the same taste in books as me! I'll give some more details if you'd like...

The top shelf has Robin Hobb, Raymond E. Feist, J.K Rowling and Terry Pratchett.

The next shelf is a bit more of a mix with Phillip Pullman, Tamora Pierce, Maggie Furey, Ben Elton, Cecilia Dart Thornton, Juliet Marrilier, Jacqueline Carey, Douglas Adams, more Pratchett and Jude Fisher.

Books visible on the third shelf are more Raymond E. Feist, Trudi Canavan (I read one of Traci Hardings which was alright then started another one but didn't get far), Glenda Larke, and there is some Julian May, Christopher Paolini and Sarah Zettel.

At the moment I'm re-reading my Douglas Adams books...after that I'm not sure.